Teach Business English Course Overview
The Teach Business English course is aimed at teachers of English who wish to refresh their skills for teaching business English to business people or vocational learners.
On this very specific English language course teachers will enjoy a high level of customisation and attention. With a minimum of two teachers we will confirm an agreed date, which can be extended to two weeks.
The Teach Business English course runs for 25 hours per week in the UNESCO world heritage city of Bath, UK. It is delivered in a comfortable central location that provides free wi-fi and refreshments. It is also eligible for KA1 Erasmus staff mobility funding.
Course Leader – Sara Helm
Teach Business English
- Greater confidence in delivering lessons
- More efficient course and lesson planning
- Wider range of supporting exercises
- Expanded business English vocabulary
- Awareness of communicative techniques
- Clearer pronunciation and delivery
- Broader knowledge of published and online resources
- Access to free classroom resources
Topics and course materials reflect typical management topics and and communication skills areas needed in a variety of jobs such as telephoning, emailing, presenting, selling and negotiating and providing customer services.
The exact content of your course will be based on discussion with you and other participants before and during the course, but will generally include sessions on:
- Business management vocabulary
- Classroom activities for a range of situations
- Key business functional language skills
- Teaching practice
- Materials and lesson creation
- Methodology refreshers
- Online materials and resources
- UK Business English and Specific Purposes published resources
- Experience and ideas sharing between participants
Typical Course Timings
Teach Business English
Optional Social Activities
On all of our courses, depending on weather and programmes on offer, activities generally include one or more of the following:
- Guided history tour of Bath
- Theatre Royal performance
- Jazz and a drink at Green Park Brasserie
- Visit to Museum of Bath at Work
EMB can help participants to plan and book evening and weekend cultural activities to enhance their cultural experience and promote the use of English outside the classroom.
Certification and Erasmus Documentation
EMB provides a course certificate. You can use the information in the downloadable pdf factsheet further down this page to complete an Erasmus contract and/or a Europass Mobility Document for us to sign on the course, if desired. The contract can also be sent prior to the course.
PIC number: 920212229
Teach Business English Course Dates
Courses dates available many weeks of the year on request.
Teach Business English Course Fee
One week €690
Two weeks €1330
This includes a booking fee but does not include accommodation. See below.
What some of you said :-)
“I just wanted to say thank you to EMB for a brilliant week’s training.” – Gill S
“I learned lots of things that will be very useful in my teaching.” – Sébastien S, France
“The course was well planned and executed, and adapted for individual needs. Worth every penny.” – Elizabeth C, UK
“Thank you very much for your commitment and dedication during our course.” Thorsten W, Germany
“Caring about our individual needs has really made this course particularly valuable.” Mary. S and Roberta R, Italy
Stay with one of our friendly host families to give you the ‘total immersion’ experience! A host family stay guarantees you an authentic taste of Bath life and provides the opportunity for conversation and friendship building.
Our host families are couples or single people who generally do not have children living at home. They live within a 30-minute walk of the course venue. Our host family charge including breakfast and dinner is £340 / €400 for 5 to 6 nights. It is important to book early to guarantee a host family.
“My accommodation was great. Close to the centre of town, lovely home, food was tasty and my hostess was very nice.” Kaie S, Estonia
“My host family were the best. I really wish to meet them again sometime”. Kaspars G, Latvia
Alternatively, we can recommend web links to accommodation sites.
“The centrally located YMCA was perfect for me and my family.” Matjaž V, Slovenia
How to apply
Email Course Leader (click) Sara Helm
- your name(s)
- your school and school address
- the course date you are interested in
- the age group(s) / typical profile of your learners
- whether or not you need a host family
- your WhatsApp contact details!
I will usually contact you within 24 hours for further information. Looking forward to meeting you!